Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

The Fasting woman's breakfast

"... this material fast is an outer token of the spiritual fast; it is a symbol of self-restraint, the with-holding of oneself from all appetites of the self, taking on the characteristics of the spirit, being carried away by the breathings of heaven and catching fire from the love of God."
                                                                                                       -Kitab-i-Aqdas
Every year at this time Baha'i's abstain from food and drink between sunrise and sunset for 19 days. To fast it to create a time of prayer and spiritual renewal. To help me get through the fasting period I make sure to eat well each morning and hydrate each eve. 13 days into the fast and I finally figured out the perfect breakfast for myself.
2 eggs, 1 slice of toast, 1 banana, 1 clementine, a cup of tea and water and juice with Chia seeds( to help with hydration)
Don't forget to feed your souls with prayers too!

No matter what your religious beliefs are I would love to hear how you handle your fasting period.
Keep going strong!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about my post.