Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

Frida Kahlo Inspired Jewels of the Week

Vogue Cover 

Frida Kahlo pendant 

Amber necklace from the Frida Kahlo collection by Eduardo Garza

amazon.com

My curiosity for the woman with the unibrow found me surfing the internet vigorously searching for answers. The more I read the more I needed to see and jumping on a plane to fly to Mexico to explore the Blue House is definitely not an option right now so I settled down with my trusty friend; Netflix. Frida Kahlo was a force to be reckoned with! Her image alone speaks volumes about her revolutionary attitude towards life. Kahlo wore statement pieces and captivating prints that would make any woman swoon. But what put me in awe was that no matter how intense her life got she somehow managed to pull through it - you can see her pain and her passion through her art. Much respect to her for bravely pouring her pain onto canvas for the rest of us to discover. 

 photo ppsignature_zps04102e07.png
You can also find Polished Practical on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about my post.