Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Teatime Tuesdays!


"[ I am] a hardened and shameless tea drinker, ...who with tea amused the evening, with tea solaced the midnight, and with tea welcomed the morning."- Samuel Johnson  
Being half Persian, half English it was easy to fall in love with tea. Like Samuel Johnson I eat, sleep, and breathe it.  In both English and Persian households it is the first thing you offer visitors regardless of the occasion. My mum used to host coffee mornings in the winter and afternoon tea parties in the summer. I would sneak into the room to watch the parade of wide brimmed hats and fancy dresses floating elegantly in and listen to the latest gossip.

I hereby pronounce that Tuesdays on Polished Practical will be dedicated to my tea and coffee explorations. Places, flavors and fashion of the tea world!

I think it's time to put the kettle on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about my post.