Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Granville Island

                                            "While there is tea, there is hope" 
                                                                - Sir Arthur Wing Pinero

I was given some Cream Earl Grey tea by my dear friend Pardis and of course couldn't wait to go home and try it! It's no secret I have an ongoing passionate love affair with tea.

Granville Island is based in Vancouver but entices travelers from all over the world for its extensive tea collection. The Granville Tea company is rumored to have up to 150 teas from diverse lands.

I actually drank this tea hot and then decided to experiment by making some ice tea! If anyone has any iced tea making tips they would like to share I would love to hear them. Lord knows I need them!


I used a teaspoon per cup but you can use more or less depending on how strong you like your tea

That lovely space looking glass dome sitting on top of a burner is my tea pot with inclusive strainer! Fancy I know, but not entirely necessary. If you are only just stepping foot into the tea world use a simple tea strainer like this one here. This way you won't gag on loose tea leaves when your having a cuppa! Add milk and sugar if you desire before drinking.
TIP: The longer you keep the tea leaves in there the stronger it will be. I found four minutes the perfect amount of time for brewing. Experiment a little so you can see what works best for you.


Ok so I had the bright idea of adding mochi balls to my iced tea. All they did was sink to the bottom and turn mushy! I recommend you simply crush some ice, pour the tea over with cold water and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. The mochi balls sound a bit like boba, but mushy? Ew! Thanks for trying that out for us, and warning us off!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think about my post.