Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Team Selfie?

                                         "Two things I can't stand; trends and selfies." - Coco Rocha


sel·fie
ˈselfē/
noun
informal
plural noun: selfies
  1. 1.
    a photograph that one has taken of oneself, typically one taken with a smartphone or webcam and uploaded to a social media website.


I'm going to be completely honest, I always cringe at the typical duck face selfies. There's absolutely nothing even remotely flattering about them for starters and then on top of it they seem rather pretentious. I find myself more accepting of the fun joy filled selfies that Eva Chen always takes. It was great to hear both Chen and Rocha speak on this topic at LuckyFabb. Chen being for the selfie and Rocha against it, claiming that you may as well just work up the courage to ask someone to take a picture of you. I'm on the fence with this...I mean bathroom selfies with new blogger friends is fun!
Tell me this; are you Team Eva Chen or Team Coco Rocha?
 photo ppsignature_zps04102e07.png
You can also find Polished Practical on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. I do both, actually, and I think they both have merit. Some of my best pictures are selfies, but I always smile and look fab - no duck lips here! But I'm also not afraid to ask someone to take a picture of me. It depends on what I want in the picture. If it's just me, probably I'll do it myself. If it's of where I am, then I need someone more than an arm's length away to get the proper perspective and framing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I don't like taking selfies. I find it hard to get it just right and have to take multiple shots. I have seen some really nice (or even creative) selfies. And some ones that are just dull. My least favorite are the ones people take of themselves in the bathroom mirror. They never look good.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think about my post.