Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Playing Hostess

Last night I hosted a Baha'i celebration-Day of the Covenant. Baha'u'llah the Prophet founder of the Baha'i Faith made a Covenant with the Baha'i community by appointing His eldest son, 'Abdu'l-Baha as his successor. The Day of the Covenant is a celebration to commemorate this decision.

Whether it's a religious celebration, intimate dinner party or a coffee evening with friends, as the hostess the pressure to entertain your guests while looking the part is prevalent.
Make a game plan and stick to it. I knew after greeting all of my guests I wanted to present a small program to explain the Day of the Covenant and have a selection of prayers for people to read from. As well as organizing this ahead of time I made a checklist to guide me with all my preparations.
If you have kids make it a family affair. My kids are too young to select the writings themselves but old enough to join in an arts and crafts activity. I had them decorate the selected writings, giving each piece a personal touch.
I know you want to look great but now is not the time to be showcasing your new Louboutins. Pick a small heel so you can easily walk around serving hot tea without feeling like you're practicing for the circus trapeze act. Pick a loose fitting dress for easy movement. Most importantly remember to smile, it's ok if an extra person shows up and you run out of seating-it's a celebration! Get guests to mingle with each other and enjoy the evening.
                Laundry dress, H&M leggings and Ann Taylor shoes

1 comment:

  1. Love your idea of including the kids in the process! Great idea Tasha!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think about my post.