Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Home First


“My home is the home of peace. My home is the home of joy and delight. My home is the home of laughter and exultation. Whosoever enters through the portals of this home, must go out with gladsome heart. This is the home of light; whosoever enters here must become illumined.”
                                                            'Abdu'l-Baha

I fell in love with this quote as a young girl and made a promise to myself that I would exhibit these words in the entryway of my own home. 'Abdu'l-Baha promises so much in this quote, thus holding you accountable of what takes place in your house. 
We spend most of our days clocking in the hours at work, proving to our coworkers our worth. Yet the foundation of civilization lies in our families and the virtues we teach them. Whatever your family unit consists of: mother, father and children or mother and children, each role should hold equal importance. Make the effort to show every family member that they are an integral part of the home. Lay the foundation for the future you wish to see. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about my post.