Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Ipsy: Beauty in the mail

                                      My December 2012 Ipsy Glam Bag

I was closing the front door when I caught sight of a pink shiny package barely peaking out from amongst the days mail like a sparkling jewel from Aladdin's treasure chest. What was in the package? I hadn't done any on line shopping, as a Baha'i I don't celebrate Christmas so I figured it wasn't a gift, and I certainly don't have any admirers! Then it hit me- I had signed up for a subscription with Ipsy late one night about a month ago.

Ipsy is a monthly service that sends you a Glam Bag with 5 products( most are sample size) so that you can try new products that you may not usually buy. Sample sizes of makeup really appeal to me because I wear minimal amounts. My makeup routine in the morning consists of mascara, eyeliner and lip gloss which takes all of five minutes( after I have moisturized of course)! The sample sizes allow me to branch out of my usual products without feeling that I am wasting money. It's very simple- Ipsy requires you to take a short quiz so that they know what hair type, skin type and style suits you best. Pay 10 dollars and wait to be surprised!

My first Glam Bag contained:
MAI COUTURE Highlighter Paper: This is to add radiance and glow to dull skin. I've never used highlighter paper before but think it will come in handy as a pick me up for those extra tired days when not even a gallon of coffee can help me out!

MIRABELLA Primer: This is a 2-in-1 product, you can use it for your face and eyes.

URBAN DECAY Eye pencil: Eyeliner is a great way to pull your look together. It's actually my go to product in the morning if I don't have time to put any other makeup on.

NYX Ultra Pearl eyeshadow: I'm excited to use this! The shimmer effect is so appealing to my inner Princess and arrived in perfect time for all the holiday parties I've been invited too!

be a...BOMBSHELL lip gloss: I think the Ipsy style expert that put my Glam bag together must have been reading my mind because I have been craving a tantalizing lip color for the winter season. Don't be scared by the boldness of the red, it goes on quite sheer and intensifies with multiple swipes.

BONUS: Each month the products arrive in a makeup bag perfectly sized for your handbag.


4 comments:

  1. Sounds cool, I've never heard of that. For $10 I'm going to check it out.
    Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds cool, this is the first time I've heard of this. For $10 I'm signing up. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds cool, I've never heard of that. For $10 I'm going to check it out.
    Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to check this out! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think about my post.