Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

Petit four



A petit four (plural: petits fours) is a small confectionery generally eaten at the end of a meal (e.g., with coffee) or served as part of dessert. The name is from the French petit four (French pronunciation: ​[pə.ti.fur]), meaning "small oven"(source: Wikipedia).


I am in love with Petits fours; the cashmere of dessert. Each delicate bite sized confectionery transports one to the era of Marie Antoinette when ladies dressed up for tea. Petits fours remind me of little presents that have the  power to lift ones mood instantly. 


I believe we are surrounded by sweet things everyday and would like to share with you the petit fours of my week. 
My daughter made this for me! 
The leaf was at my desk one morning and made me crack a smile as big as a Cheshire cat.

A friend of mine is working on a project and asked me to pose for her-it was a fun time. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this concept. What a great way to get us to look around during our days, and be thankful for things that make us happy or make us smile.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think about my post.