Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Make your dream a reality


Stop wasting time and energy comparing yourself to others and worrying about what they’re up to. Focus on your own vision and set out to accomplish your own goals. The time spent on the actions of others is merely holding you back from achieving these goals. Climb with integrity, respect and kindness for others.

First, you need to know where you want to go. What is your dream? What do you want your life to represent?

Make a plan and then start running after your dream and don’t stop until you’re holding it right there in your very hands. I get that it’s not easy; trust me, I’m still chasing my dream. But I won’t stop, I refuse to.  As John Keywood says: “Love life and it will love you right back. Nothing is impossible to a willing heart”.

See, here’s the deal-that thing you always use as an excuse of why you’re still stuck at the start line is exactly what should drive you to succeed.  A job that requires you to work 16-hour days instead of 8; being a single mother; a career that requires a college education- these should be seen as fuel to burn. Get up and start making your dreams a reality, plot a course so that you can find a career that doesn’t require you to live at the office. You want to provide for your children, so push yourself harder, work on your dreams after you put them to bed- you can do it! So what if your dream job requires a college education? Sign up now!  If it means taking one class at a time, so be it.

Staying positive on this journey is key to reaching your goals. Wake up each morning happy and be grateful for what you do have. I find the more I smile the smoother my day goes. On those more intense days when your tired self is fighting your dreams, pump yourself up with a positive quote or mantra. I always sing a very simple line by ‘Abdu’l-Baha that goes “Be happy, be happy, be full of joy”. Go ahead- try singing it!

No matter what your situation is, if you have faith and determination, and aren’t afraid of hard work, you can start living your dreams.

1 comment:

I would love to hear what you think about my post.