Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

Questions in Tragedy

I write to inspire other women and hope that I can somehow make another person's day go a little smoother. I honestly don't know how to address the tragedy that took place one week ago today at Sandy Hook Elementary. When I heard about it on the news I felt everything from anger to grief. There are so many questions and no definitive answers. What I do know is that I have felt an overwhelming need to tell everyone how much I appreciate and care for them.

We can ban guns and increase mental health awareness but if there isn't any compassion left what good will these bans be? It may sound really simple but its so easy to get swept up in our busy schedules and forget about our neighbors, coworkers and friends.

I hope that from our grief we can learn to protect and love each other more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about my post.