Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Hostess Gifts

Gone are the days when women would read books on how to throw parties or what they should wear to attend one. We live in a day and age where women are expected to be career women as well as perfect wives and mothers. As a child I would watch my mum making things all the time and we would never show up at a dinner party or gathering without a gift for the hostess. She taught me to appreciate others and show thanks whenever possible, but to do so with thoughtfulness. There isn't time to spend hours making something to give as a hostess gift so I have to put together a few simple ideas that will let the hostess know that you put effort into it and the idea truly came from the heart.
                                          Make some seasonal cupcakes
            Chocolate ganache Trader Joes and cake stand Homegoods
If the idea of baking makes you run for cover buy a dessert and nice serving dish. If you do not know the host too well it is best to stick with a white dish as it will go with everything.
Banoffee Pie( another one of my mums magnificent creations)!
Centerpieces are fun and easy to make. Get creative, try to match the theme of the party or the season. I used glass beads, faux berries and paper ribbon to create a festive center piece. The hostess can easily reuse the vase after the party.

2 comments:

  1. Great ideas. Would love to hear more. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to hear more, please? Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think about my post.