Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Petits Four - Family

You know when you don't see your friend's kid or your niece or nephew for even a month, and all of sudden it's like they grew into this whole other person? Well, it's hard to see sometimes just how much your own children have grown, because you are with each other 24/7. In the past week, I was blessed to see my daughter dance in her first ballet recital to an audience of 1500 people!- to see her perform a Hawaiian dance at her school concert, and to watch my son become a singing cowboy on the stage. They were not nervous, but were filled with sheer joy and excitement, and were eager for my reaction.

It hit me this week how much their characters have grown. I have immense pride for them, and gratitude for my life. Being a mother, especially a single mother, is not easy. But so worth it! Running a household and taking care of your family may not sound like much to some people, but I feel as if I could run the world because of these very things. I am ready for life's challenges and have a new-found respect for my own parents.

Happy Father's Day to my baba joon and all the other men out there who are doing what they are supposed to be doing for their children.

Have a great weekend!
xoxo
                                    My brother and I with my dad

4 comments:

  1. I really like this post. These pictures especially help me feel connected to you. Thank you for sharing your family with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost didn't share this but felt like I could connect with all of you so I'm glad I did!

      Delete
  2. This was a very beautiful post and I personally connect to the sentiments here. Blessings to you and your beautiful family, Tasha. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you that's very sweet of you to say so.

      Delete

I would love to hear what you think about my post.